This article shows you:
- Editing an affiliate link on an account
- Replacing an affiliate link on an account
Editing an affiliate link on an account
To edit an affiliate link, head to the account page of the link and press the edit button as shown below.
This will open a new window where you can edit the
- Friendly Name - Change the name of the link as it appears on Routy
- Status - Change whether the link is active or not
- Link Type - Set the type of link this is. This is simply for analysis and has no operational impact
- Commission Plan - If the link has a specific deal attached to it, you can set it there
- Tracker - This is useful to avoid seeing 'Unknown' traffic sources and helps Routy better organize and map your data
However, you cannot edit the affiliate link or change the assigned brand. To do this, check the section below.
Replacing an affiliate link on an account
Note: It takes 30 minutes for the old affiliate link to refresh and redirect users to the new link
If you need to edit or change an affiliate link being used, simply press the replace button near the link on the account page, as shown below.
When you do this, Routy will copy all the settings of the link to create a new one.
Edit the link, and anything else that has changed. Remember, if you do not need to change the affiliate link, you can simply edit the current link as shown in the section above, instead of replacing it.
Once you press Add and Replace, Routy will disable the previous link and create the new one you have added. The affiliate link will not need to be changed, as Routy is smart enough to send users to the new link.
Tip: To filter out the disabled links you can use the Search box as shown in the image below.
You MUST refresh the account page to see the new links.