In this article, we will explain how Routy extracts your affiliate program data as well as the pros and cons of each method.
- The 3 methods of how Routy extracts affiliate program data & their differences
- The differences between each method
Methods of extracting affiliate program data
Routy has 3 methods of extracting data from affiliate programs, listed below:
- Crawling - Routy's crawler extracts stats from the program using the credentials provided by the affiliate
- API Extraction - Routy's crawler extracts stats from the API feed of the program using the credentials provided by the affiliate
- Postback Tracking - The Routy postback links are inputted in the affiliate program or provided to the account manager who then sets up the tracking on the affiliate program side. Each time a conversion (signup or FTD) happens, an event is sent to Routy and shows in the Routy reports.
The differences between each method
The table below explains the differences between the 3 methods:
|Data Extracted||All||All||Signups, FTDs|
|Time for latest data||12-36 hour delay||12-36 hour delay||Near-Realtime|
|Routy Links||Not Required||Not Required||Required|
|Reliability (Ordered from 1-3 where 1=High)||2||1||3|
|Typical User||All Affiliates||All Affiliates||Affiliates running PPC campaigns|