This article is a step-by-step guide to show you how to link Routy with your third party ads platform, using Zapier. We will follow these steps:
- Creating a webhook on Zapier
- Linking the Zapier webhook to Routy
- Linking the Zapier webhook to a third party platform (e.g. Google Ads)
The video below walks you through the integration with Google Ads.
Note: Through Zapier, you can integrate with other platforms, such as Meta Ads, Microsoft Ads etc...
Creating a webhook on Zapier
1. Go to Zapier home screen https://zapier.com/app/zaps
2. Click the Make A Zap button
3. On the App Event search input type “Webhooks” and choose “Webhooks by Zapier”
4. As Trigger event choose “Catch Hook” and click Continue
5. Click the “Copy” button to copy the Custom Webhook URL to clipboard. Click Continue
Linking the Zapier webhook to Routy
1. Go to your Routy account and navigate to the Traffic Sources page.
2. Click on the Webhooks tab (if the tab does not work, kindly raise a ticket here)
3. Click the Add button to add a new Webhook
4. Paste your Zapier Webhook URL, input relevant details and click the Add button
Testing the Zapier Webhook from Routy
Sending a simulated event from Routy
1. Click on the newly created Webhook (from Webhook section of the traffic source you created the webhook for)
2. Check the conversions you would like to send to Zapier and click the Submit button (we recommend setting up two separate webhooks - one for Leads and one for FTDs)
3. Click the Simulate Webhook button to send a webhook simulation to Zapier
Testing the simulated event on Zapier
Click Test trigger
The following screen will appear. Click Continue
Linking the Zapier webhook to Google Ads
1. On App Event search input type “Google Ads”. Click on highlighted event
2. As Action Event choose Send Offline Conversion. Click Continue
3. Choose your Google Ads account. Click Continue when ready
Press Connect a new account if you cannot find your Google Ads account.
4. Select Google Click ID (GCLID) under Conversion User Identifier Source
5. Under Google Click ID (GCLID) Search for gclid and select Main Attributions Gclid
6. On Conversion Action choose the relevant conversion
OR search for Event Name
7. On Timestamp search from Event Time Stamp. Not to be confused with Click Time Stamp.
8. On Value search for Event Value
9. On Currency Code search Currency Code
10. Click Continue
Testing Zapier sending the event to Google Ads
Since we are using a fake gclid value, if you try to test the Zap you’ll get the following error:
So we suggest you skip the test and Turn on Zap. Once you have a Real conversion you’ll see a success on Zap History.
Aaaand you're done! You should start seeing your conversions flow into Google Ads from Routy.
To check each webhook sent from Routy, head over to your traffic source page by pressing on Traffic Sources in your Routy sidebar. Find the traffic source and press on the Webhooks tab. Select the webhook (we recommend having one for signups, and one for FTDs) and press Webhook history. There you can see every event sent!